Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day Six & Seven

It rained like crazy on Monday. Slept in too late to go to the museums, but instead Nathan and I headed uptown and hunted for a classic New York bagel. I got a tasty homemade poppy seed bagel with raisin and walnut cream cheese. Nathan had a classic lox bagel with butter (soooo good). Definitely worth the hike. It started to rain so we stopped into a little consignment shop and I got a little souvenir for myself. Walked around Central Park in the rain and that was beautiful too. It's huge! The ponds were so pretty I wish it hadn't been so cloudy, but it was definitely worth seeing. Then, across the Brooklyn Bridge! Of course it was pouring down by that point. So all my photographs were taken under a makeshift shield I made with my camera case, but the view was stunning. Good walk too. Let's see... after that, mexican food! BEST salad ever. And $3 margaritas... Glad I didn't go for three..

And for Tuesday, the beach! Woke up around 12 and got AMAZING pastries for breakfast from this little local place. OH my gosh best danish and mini fruit tart ever haha! Drove aaaaall the way up to Rockaway beach and just relaxed. Spent 6 hours just napping in the sand and playing in the Atlantic Ocean. Beautiful day. The clouds finally came out and I had a few goodies to keep me occupied. It was a great success. Grabbed some sushi on the way back to the apartment and just vegged out watching The Office and House. Time for sleep, big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment