Monday, July 27, 2009

it's never over

The day was long and wonderful, I spent the morning ecstatic and the afternoon exploding, I have voiced now: we are made together of the same earth and I am whole heartedly enthralled.

"And with everything you said
Although it may sound rushed
I don't use this word lightly, I'm not one to push
But I can honestly say with complete truth
By the gospel of your moves
That I'm in love with you."

I took a weekend off of work to meet him halfway. We'll spend Saturday driving up/down to Red River Gorge in Kentucky to hike and camp out for a few days. That's how it should be. We meet halfway for the ones we love. Compromise and sacrifice are two things I have much to learn about, but how wonderful he is, the peace I have knowing, it doesn't make me mind a damn bit. I will be patient for this.

He's waiting on his visa for Sudan, to work in the dirt and sweat. I'll make the effort to see him as often as I can before he leaves, if he leaves. If he goes, we'll roll with it. Make it work. I can wait. If he doesn't go I'm going to make him a new home in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment