Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Two

Oh my God.

I don't even know where to begin.

Started off laid back. Nathan and I walked over to a little Thai restaurant around the corner called Thai Pot. Delicious! Then we trekked up to Manhattan on the F line and saw Times Square. It was pretty nuts, very bright and busy... We stopped into Pop Tarts World where they had strange, foreign menu items like "PopTart Sushi" and the "Grape Jamwich". I was not so bold. Nathan and I got one toasted ice cream sunday pop tart to share. They asked us if we wanted extra frosting... or toppings. It was all too much.





Next, M&M World and Hershey World. Too many Worlds.

Killed some time at a bar called Fat Cat where Nathan and I played Scrabble and listened to some incredible jazz music. Of course, I utterly destroyed him, and he was a little bitter about it the rest of the evening. Fat Cat was really neat. Underground club, $3 to get in, pool, ping-pong, shuffle board, chess scrabble... Jazz 24/7. After that, we made our way out to some random girl's birthday party at one of that most incredible Indian Restaurants I've ever been to: Panna.






The food was unbelievable and the company was fantastic even though neither Nathan nor myself knew anyone there. We had a fabulous time. That's where we met our new friends Ibanda and Joe. After the party had ended, a few people went to go get body parts pierced. Ibanda, Joe, Aaron, Nathan and I stood around waiting until we realized we could just go on to another bar. So we hopped across the street and had a beer. We also played a deer hunting game. I was pretty good at it, which I believe I can credit to my "How to Set an Open Gun Sight " article a few months back. After the excitement of rifling down digital deer subsided, we stepped outside and saw a Karaoke bar. Someone pointed out "We're not drunk enough to do karaoke yet..." to which Nathan responded "Let's walk over to Continental. They have 5 shots for $10". So we did.


Within 10 minutes we were all belting "Baby Got Back". A lot happened that I can't explain.

More photographs at http://www.flickr.com/photos/tothegunwales/sets/72157624718040138/

1 comment: